I wish I could somehow play The Walking Dead theme song anytime I wanted. Then whenever I leave a place or say something smart or slam the door or stare very angry at someone it can be more badass.
Learned how to play The Walking Dead theme on piano! I swear this is crack to me.
TV Show Meme: [1/5] opening credits → The Walking Dead
Theme by Bear McCreary (x)
Photo with 2 notes
I may post the video soon.
For now, here’s the process to this: http://demonic-fantasy.deviantart.com/art/Andrea-Grimes-366801291?q=gallery%3Ademonic-fantasy&qo=0
(From left to right, going down each row)
1. I open a new layer above the background. I set down my primary sketch. I decrease the opacity when ready to sketch over it.
2. I make a new layer. I outline the base sketch in a darker hue, a brown for a more fleshed color. I abolish the base sketch, leaving the clean outline.
3. In a new layer, I slap down my main palette.
4. Next, on a new layer (beneath the outline), I throw down some base colors, deciding on where the light source will be. Then, the amount- brittle or hearty? I decide for a softer, less harsh light source so the subject is not given a coarse appearance.
5. I add a new layer and put down the base color for the hair.
6. On a new layer ABOVE THE OUTLINE LAYER, I add highlights and shadows to the core colors of the hair. The flesh is toned and given a more vivacious undercurrent. I apply highlights and shadows. QUICK TIP: Stray from using pure black when adding shadows. Keep the skin colors in relation to the palette/base hues.
7. Still above the outline layer, I color over some aspects of the hair to avoid a “cartoony” feel. I add additional highlights and shadows.
8. I increase a layer- below the outline sketch- and throw in some color for the eyes.
9. On the original background layer I blend in a background. Tried to make it complement the subject, Andrea. She had more of a pinkish skin tone, so I chose to do a more pink background. The subject has a lighter hue highlighting her frame to increase visual appeal.
10. The finished product.
Hope it was informative!
Same rules, regulations and rights apply to the above piece from the original.
Painting of my favorite character from The Walking Dead TV series.
Art (C) Me
Andrea (C) Kirkman, AMC
No reference used.
Can also be found here, on my deviantart: http://demonic-fantasy.deviantart.com/art/Andrea-Grimes-366801291?q=gallery%3Ademonic-fantasy&qo=1
Will post the process.
friend’s little kitties…they were so adorable! <3 (my photo)
OMG, so beautiful! <3
I tried (TWD) (by maitikaHan)
A gorgeous, poignant video with undertones of sorrow and inspiration. Depicts Andrea’s plight flawlessly. A must see.
the walking dead set
Page 1 of 8